Thursday, September 29, 2005

Session Two

This morning was my second session with First Child. She and her sister are always happy and smiling when they arrive. I thought I could do everything I needed to do in time before the session. I was dead wrong, I arrived at school 10 minutes before the session, rushed to checkout items I needed, and then rushed to put in the videotape...but lo and behold, the kids were already walking down the hallway towards the clinical room with the other clinician. Argh! I forego taping, and desperately hoped to remember what happened. I'm worst at recording data during the session, so I ended up with inaccurate tallies, so impressions is all have I to go on...the SOAP notes are not going to be detailed :(. The good part is today's session went a lot better than the last, I got her attention more (less people for her to pay attention to). The plan I had made up for her was too advance, I tried to soon to do things she might be doing at the end of the semester. Laurie prompted me to scale down, work on getting her attention more. After several awkward moments of not coordinating reinforcement after every attempt, I managed to reinforce at the right moments. First Child always performs better when I'm doing better. It hidious to think that I could impend her progress. Today was good for her...I messed up on the tape, actually fulfilling what I needed to do based on my preplan plan, but it was good. Sigh...I need to do things that will push up my grade as well...

No comments: