Friday, October 03, 2008

Epiphany

I think I had an epiphany yesterday. After the most challenging schedule to date (the first I really think I said that I couldn't do it) and trying and trying. I finally realized that what I was doing was just trying to please everyone, even at the expense of what I really believe to be right and the best, as truth can be. And I let myself be cornered. That's not what I got myself into this field to do...I came here to stand for my clients. And I don't know everything and never will. Simply saying that I will do my best is not enough for myself to carry on. Rest, take a step back. Rest in Him who gives me wisdom and strength for each day. All I am to do is keep a clear and bright mind. Ready to listen. A mind ready to learn. Eyes that see things as they are, observant, and not the way I am told things might be. Steady heartbeat, easy breathing. And rejoice in today, in the day that the Lord has made. Hands to serve, feet to walk where He leads. A heart to obey.

The day I stop enjoying my work is the day I know I need to stop and reevaluate.

No comments: