Saturday, February 02, 2008
Tears
There has been quite a bit of tears going on these past few weeks. Man, this field is such an emotionally charged area. I've become quite calm and collected when these moments happen, but tears always do make my heart ache. I believe these tears came from frustration and misunderstanding. Frustration because of the limited ability to communicate a message and therefore understood and also limited shaping of a desired outcome (be it speech sound, social skill, etc.). Misunderstanding due to limited ability to receptively grasp verbal cues. As you can probably guess, it's kids that are doing the tearing up. But sometimes I do push the kiddos and I feel sad that they have to be thrown in an adult-like world at such a young age. We make it as child-like as possible, but who are we kidding? No kid should be going from one appointment to the next day after day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment