Friday, December 07, 2007
On a separate note along the same line
I have a pretty tricky client...simple put, really tough. I guess I didn't put two and two together when I decided to work at a sensory integration clinic. Anyhow, one of my more sensory kids, the ones that don't know what input they need and you have to ease in the input without them running away, stayed with me for 15 minutes without being distracted internally or externally. Whew...AND *drum roll* imaginative play came out today!!!! That is super super exciting to see, I have not seen it in his age group but once or twice here since I started, all my clients being pretty low. And once I got the play initiated, gave a starter idea, he took it and ran with it...granted, it was just one more main idea added, but that is GENIUS! I am sooo proud of him. And I got the look on his dad's face when he did it, pure joy :) This is the child that ran the opposite way when he saw me...we'll see how this goes, hopefully continue in the right direction. And perhaps it's the hardest ones in the beginning that gives you as the professional the most satisfaction in the end. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment