Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Wanna pway?"

That's what the little cutie I used to work with always said when he saw me anywhere within his sight. And such a huge smile he had :D While the greeting was very cute and all, it was also not so to say appropriate, after all, that's pretty much all he said, plus a few other rote phrases, once I bent down and gave me back a smile and yes, let's go play. He was discharged after many weeks, and then I saw him again, still with the walk that resulted from his injury...I actually heard him before I actually saw him, I heard "wanna pway?" It was very gratifying to see that he recogized me, usually clients that young don't remember anything or anyone once you're out of the daily picture. I hope he's continuing to progress. I do miss the little one.

No comments: