Thursday, July 27, 2006

Summer II

Summer II is almost, just almost coming to an end. YEAH!
Doing camp was not as hectic as I had imagined it to be but it certainly did not leave room for anything else to do during the week. I learned lots about me as a clinician. One, preschoolers are energized beings that do not run out of energy...if they do, they turn grumpy before they run out of energy. And I am not loud or energetic or playful enough to keep them entertained to the level that they would appreciate. Secondly, kids who are old enough to walk and go potty themselves, etc. still can malleable in the mind and like to do things their way. But the fun is often out because they are also old enough to sit still and do serious work for acceptable long periods of time. So, therapy is still 'child-like' but less bouncing off the walls fun. It reminds me of Hey Dilly Dilly (Lavender Blue). Thirdly, I still don't know a lot and have a TON to learn which is kinda scary since it's almost time to graduate. But the key to learning is to keep those brain cells a-moving and a-pushing...which is tiring me out real quick.
I get to see First Child and her sister daily in the mornings...not talk and play with them, but I do get to see their smiles and get an occasional wave and bitty chatter.

No comments: